Monday, February 18, 2013

Happily mistaken

Prediction:

The United States will attack the government of Syria this year.

...

If I’m wrong, as my roommate Matt thinks (he has a better sense for domestic politics than I), I will happily run around with egg on my face. 

 - Jefferson Aero Plane, February 18, 2012

As my grandpa helpfully pointed out to me the last time I saw him, the United States did not attack the government of Syria this year.  My bad. 


Also, good job Matt.  Way to be smart.
 

While I'm happy to be wrong, I guess this leaves my credibility in shreds.  Just like these people's:
 

"The Assad family has no more than a few weeks to remain in control in Syria."
- Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak, January 2, 2012
 

“There’s a different leader in Syria now. Many of the members of Congress of both parties who have gone to Syria in recent months have said they believe he’s a reformer.”
 

 - Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, March 27, 2011
 

"Notice that more-stagnant countries like Syria and North Korea have remained more stable."
- Fareed Zakaria, February 3, 2011

Here's to having less war than we might have otherwise had!

No comments:

Post a Comment